Bob Books - Long Vowels Box Set | Phonics, Ages 4 and up, Kindergarten, First Grade (Stage 3: Developing Reader)
Created by a teacher, Bob Books have been helping children learn to read for more than forty years! This phonics-based set introduces long vowels and helps developing readers gently take the final step toward reading chapter books.
The silly stories in Bob Books Long Vowels focus on long vowels, but also provide plenty of practice with silent e, longer words, and word endings such as -ed and -ing. The longer stories build reading endurance and expand the vocabulary of maturing readers. This set prepares kids to graduate to chapter books!
Inside this box you'll find:
- 8 small, hilarious, easy-to-read books: 16-24 pages each, 52-129 unique words per book, sized perfectly for little hands
- A parent guide with tips for helping your child learn to read
Each book includes:
- Repetition of words and sounds, which helps children decode the text
- Longer sentences and stories than previous sets ("She ran as fast as she could.")
- A list of new long vowel combinations introduced in that book
- Friendly, simple illustrations that add fun and do not distract from the words
Guided Reading Levels: G, H, I | Lexile Measure: 110L - 560L | Bob Books Level: Stage 3
Ages: 4-6 | Grade Levels: Kindergarten, First Grade
Bob Books' phonics-based method aligns with the body of research known as the Science of Reading, which proves that systematic phonics instruction is crucial to children's reading success. With simple phonics, playful stories, and silly illustrations, Bob Books keep young readers' confidence high, leading to continued success and a love of reading. Your child will soon join the millions of happy kids who say, "I read the whole book!"®